This privacy statement explains:
- what information the Company collects;
- the relevant lawful processing condition for the use of that information;
- how the Company uses that information; and
- for how long the Company will retain your information.
Types of information the Company collects
This privacy statement covers the information clients share with the Company and/or which may be acquired or produced by the Company during normal business activities:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- information including financial data on the transactions and / or services provided to you as a client;
- credit control data;
- warranty information;
Lawful Processing Conditions
The processing of personal data throughout the client relationship with the Company will be necessary for and as a result of steps taken by yourself with a view to entering into a contract with the Company and for the company to fulfil that contract or for the Companies legitimate business purposes. The only exception would be where there exists a legal obligation on the Company.
How the Company use information it collects
Your information will be used by the Company for the purposes of carrying out its commercial activities;
- providing services or works as required;
- verifying your information and carrying out credit reference checks;
- financial accounting including credit control;
- communications with you about the services or works being undertaken;
- communicating with you about current or potential services (marketing);
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests;
- your information may be shared with our affiliate organisations in Jersey;
- your information may be shared with warranty providers and / or suppliers. No data is sent outside the EU.
- the Company may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such a, insurance companies, courts and tribunals, or regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process;
All your information will be considered confidential. The Company will not use or disclose your information except as provided for in this statement or if disclosure is required to fulfil a legal obligation.
Retention of your information
The Company will retain your information for the following minimum periods:
- for a period of 5 years following the end of the contractual relationship or if greater, what ever period required by a suppliers warranty.
Further information is available from the Company Data Protection Policy or directly from the Managing Director.